Welcome to my first blog post! (Insert excited emjoi here!) I thought that I would start out this epic first post with a little info about why I decided to start a blog (10 years after they became cool – I am always late to the game.) Plus 10 facts about me!
So, I have been an avid blog reader for the last several years and have always wanted to venture into the world of blogging but felt completely out of my element.
A few months ago I had a health scare (everything ended up being fine, thank God) and decided that I was done letting fear hold me back from things that I really wanted to do.
I don’t really feel like I have a particular niche that I will blog about. I just want to blog about whatever is going on in my life at the moment. I will be writing about life, Christ, kids, marriage, cooking, clothing, shops etc. Basically, all of the things!
I also hope to meet new people and build a community in this blog land.
Sooooooooo… lets get this going! Since anyone who is reading this will know nothing about me, I will start with a list of 10 fun facts about me!
1. I have been a nurse for the last 8 years.
– It is crazy for me to say that out loud because most days I can’t believe that I am old enough to have a job, let alone one that involves keeping people alive! I started out in Oncology, spent a few years as a Postpartum nurse and have now been back in Oncology for about 6 years. I mostly care for patients with various blood cancers and my unit specializes in bone marrow transplants. It is incredibly rewarding work but can also be very emotionally taxing. Thankfully, I have a solid group of people that I work with who keep my laughing all night!
2. I am a pastors wife and Christian.
– My husband has been the head pastor of our church for the last 2 1/2 years. His father was the pastor of this church for 30+ years and my husband stepped into the position when he retired. Being along side my husband as he pastors his first church has been a humbling experience. There is soooooo much more that goes into the ministry than I ever knew or expected. It is no joke!! I will definitely be writing more posts about life as a pastors wife plus a look behind the scenes!
3. I was engaged when I was 18 and married right after I turned 20. Yes, I was, by todays standards, a baby bride.
– I knew after my second date with my now husband that I was going to marry him. He then broke up with me 4 months after that second date. #fail He realized the error of his ways a few months after that and wooed me back (literally took no effort at all) and we have been together ever since. People said it wouldn’t work but 11 years of marriage later and we are still going strong. Thank the Lord!
4. I dream of life in the country and hope to move to Tennessee one day.
– I am a native Floridian but in middle school I visited Tennessee with a friend and have been in love with the south ever since. My husband’s family happens to be from there and we visits twice a year. Every time I cross the state line from GA into TN my soul feels at peace. Do you have a place like that? It doesn’t make any sense but for some reason your soul is just at rest when you are there?
5. I want a pet micro pig.
– What can I say?! I dream big! The micro pig obsession has been going on for years. Did you know that pigs are as smart as dogs and can learn to walk on leashes and be potty trained?! These are all fantastic points that I have made to my husband when trying to convince him that we need a pig! It definitely ties in with my desire for a simply life in the country. My husband thinks I am crazy and not serious but he will see how serious I really am when I walk in the door with little Phyllis in my hands! He jokes that he will only agree to having a pig if he can make bacon out of her when she meets her maker. Such disrespect for Phyllis.
6. I have 3 kids!
– I have 3 kids, 5 and under. I do not plan to post many pictures about them on my blog but I will probably share stories and do “mom posts” from time to time. They are cute and funny and I have named the gray hairs on my head after them.
7. I am a very picky eater.
– My favorite foods are Publix subs (Publix is a grocery chain in FLA that has recently made its way into other states. For those of you who do not have one, I am truly sorry because their subs are life), Pizza Hut pizza and mega size peanut M&Ms. They must be mega sized. Anything else is unacceptable! I am getting better and slowly expanding my pallet. My waist line thanks me for that.
8. I do not drink coffee.–
-Somehow I have survived motherhood and working nightshift sans coffee. Growing up, I was always freaked out by the idea of drinking hot beverages. I would not drink hot chocolate, teas, nada! I have gotten over my fear of hot drinks (though, just to be safe, I wait an insane amount of time before I begin sipping) but I still can’t seem to hop on board the coffee train. Starbucks hates me but my wallet loves me!
9. Tiny holes in things mega gross me out.
– I can’t even talk about it anymore because I am gagging just thinking about it. Bleh.
10. I want to be a minimalist.
– I hate clutter. I want to throw away all of the things. The fact that I live with 4 other humans and a giant dog really get in the way of my minimalism goals but anytime I get to toss something away or manage to keep a new thing from entering my house, a little shiver of excitement goes up my spine!
I hope you enjoyed learning a but about the girl behind the blog. Leave me a comment with some fun facts about you!